[darcs-users] Merging several patches into one

Ketil Malde ketil.malde at bccs.uib.no
Thu Jun 15 07:06:38 UTC 2006

"Josef Svenningsson" <josef.svenningsson at gmail.com> writes:

> On 6/13/06, Richard A. Smith <rsmith at bitworks-inc.com> wrote:

>> Whats the best plan if I want to take multiple patches and create a
>> single patch that has all of them combined.

> Do an unrecord and select the patches you want to merge. Then do a record.

Another option might be to record a dummy patch, using --ask-deps to
make it depend on the patches in question.  (Ideally, this could be a
tag, but darcs does not appear to support --ask-deps for tags -- at
least in the version 1.0.5 which I use).

The advantage of doing it this way is that the patch history will be
preserved¹, and that it is robust if the patches have been
distributed.

-k

¹ Okay, that is a disadvantage if the point was to clean up the patches.