[darcs-users] Merging several patches into one

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Tue Jun 20 17:28:28 UTC 2006

On 6/20/06, Richard A. Smith <rsmith at bitworks-inc.com> wrote:
[snip]
> I understand that this is mostly logistics. Ie. having good patch names,
> descriptions, and tagging but I was wondering if darcs could help with
> that any by logically grouping the patches.

I understand your request and I agree with it.  But while on the
subject of logistics, let me lend some advice (perhaps you're already
doing this), document requested features and bugs somewhere and give
them names like feature-112 or bug-65 and then put those name into the
patch names.  I've found this form of cross linking to be very
worthwhile.

$0.02,
Jason