[darcs-users] Merging several patches into one

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Wed Jun 21 03:48:10 UTC 2006

Richard A. Smith wrote:
> Do this 3 times.  So now you have 30 new patches pushed out to the repo.
>  Other people pull all of them but eventually you think that feature 2
> still has some problems.  Sorting out what patches for other to unpull
> can be somewhat confusing.  Especially if its been a month since you
> wrote those patches.
>
> I understand that this is mostly logistics. Ie. having good patch names,
> descriptions, and tagging but I was wondering if darcs could help with
> that any by logically grouping the patches.

Another tactic (beyond just using good name patterns with issue tracking
info) is that if you keep all of your "feature repos" around you can use
darcs' pull/get intersection and union features (ie, Feature1
intersected with Main (Feature1 + Feature2) gives you Main without
Feature2).

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/