[darcs-users] having problems with Windows still

James Burgess jamesrburgess at mac.com
Wed Jun 28 23:26:45 UTC 2006

I'm trying to use the latest prebuilt binaries. I have no problems
with osc (ppc) but when I download the windows (non-cygwin
w32-1.0.7.zip) I run into problems. I have a fresh machine running XP
and this is what I get:

C:\pub>darcs get --partial http://www.iolanguage.com/darcs/Io
plink: unknown option "-O"
darcs: <<loop>>

looks to me plink.exe (has been renamed ssh.exe) doesn't take a -O
option.

If I install darcs on a XP machine which has a version of ssh.exe
(cygwin) that does take -O I get

% darcs get --partial http://www.iolanguage.com/darcs/Io
Invalid multiplex command
darcs: <<loop>>

I'm not sure why ssh is being used at all (since the url is http) but
I know absolutely nothing about darcs.

Any ideas?