[darcs-users] darcs 1.0.6 release

Josef Svenningsson josef.svenningsson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 01:39:03 UTC 2006

On 3/1/06, Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se> wrote:

> Without much surprise, here comes darcs 1.0.6, very much
> identical to 1.0.6rc1.

<snip>

New features:

<lots of new nice feautures presented>

I just have a question about the versioning number. Given all the great new
features added to darcs in this release shouldn't it be 1.1.0? I'm not aware
of any darcs specific scheme here but the standard convention[1] is to use
the third digit (or rather number) for bugfix releases only. To keep
confusion to a minimum I think we should stick with that scheme.

Otherwise I'm very glad to see this release. Good work, contributors!

Cheers,

/Josef

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Version