[darcs-users] Darcs check grows out of control

Aaron Kaplan lists2546 at aaronkaplan.info
Thu Mar 2 16:44:20 UTC 2006

I have a repo where darcs check with darcs 1.0.6 or 1.0.5 consumes 2GB
of virtual memory and eventually dies without having completed the
check.  Darcs 1.0.4 finishes the check consuming only about 80MB, and
reports that the repo is consistent.

I don't know if this is related, but there's also a patch in this repo
that I tried to unrecord, and I got the error message "darcs: bug in
get_extra commuting patch:".  The bugs related to this error message
that I found on the web weren't relevant: I've never used darcs 1.0.0,
and there are no two patches in this repo with the same timestamp.

Any debugging hints?  Unfortunately, I can't make the repo available.

Thanks
-Aaron