[darcs-users] Pull does not work

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Fri Mar 3 13:01:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 01:14:35AM +0200, Jussi Hagman wrote:
> Is this a known bug or is this just caused because I am using darcs
> in a way it should not be used? Also any recommendations about my
> setup are welcome.

I think the thing that causes problems is you supply changes to
upstream by mailing diffs. This causes the changes to loop back
and conflict with them selves after a while. There are cvs-darcs
syncing tools that handle this, but I think they require cvs
commit privs.

The solution to the darcs problem is to _not_ unpull your local
changes but instead sync on top of them, which means fixing
eventual conflicts just after cvs update and before darcs
record. This however makes it a little less convenient/automatic
to produce diffs against upstream.