[darcs-users] darcs 1.0.6 release

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 19:08:12 UTC 2006

[snipsnip]
> I'd like to know what you think of this idea.

I'm not totally against these ideas, but I do wonder what the purpose is.
I understand the purpose when there is a large project, with many developers,
so that they can plan.  But darcs is a smaller project.  Most of the submissions
are handled by Tommy or Juliusz, not a large tree of maintainers.  And darcs is
still in experimental development where developers are 'playing
around' in a sense
to see what works.

I'm definitely not trying to say that there is no value in having a
more strict release
schedule, but I myself do not see a big need.  Perhaps you could explain why it
would be helpful?  In more specific terms than just saying we could plan around
releases.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at gmail.com>