[darcs-users] darcs 1.0.6 release

Richard A. Smith rsmith at bitworks-inc.com
Thu Mar 9 19:44:15 UTC 2006

zooko at zooko.com wrote:

> Since I mostly imagine this being a feature of use to other people (including
> to my clients and co-workers) rather than for myself, I think I'll fall silent
> on this issue and let other people have their say.

I agree with Zooko.  I've come to expect that bumps in the last version
number of something listed as the "stable" tree are bugfix or security
related type releases.

Otherwise I don't think you can call the tree "stable."  My own projects
at the day job use the old kernel minor even,odd numbering scheme for
stable and dev tree.

I don't so much care about that but I do think that the stable tree
should only get bug fixes.

--
Richard A. Smith
Bitworks, Inc