[darcs-users] Darcs-server

Daan Leijen daan at equational.org
Fri Mar 10 02:56:04 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I have never been satisfied with the options available for pushing
changes to a darcs repository with multiple users: I either have to set
up SSH accounts for each user, or receive patches by email. Therefore, I
have written "darcs-server" a program that extends darcs to enable push
to remote repositories -- Finally! you can do centralized development
with Darcs :-)

With the darcs server you can:
- push changes remotely via a CGI script
- or push changes via a single SSH account that serves many users
- use cryptographic verification and authorization of users for reading
and writing
- use gpg encryption (for CGI)
- use non-public repositories that can only be accessed by authorized users.

The client program is of course written in Haskell, but I wrote the
server script in Perl in order to reduce dependencies on the
server: you only need Perl, a darcs binary, and either CGI or SSH.

Download Darcs server from:
  <http://www.equational.org/darcs-server>

Have fun,
-- Daan Leijen.