[darcs-users] Re: Darcs check grows out of control

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Mon Mar 13 15:46:45 UTC 2006

On 3/13/06, Aaron Kaplan <lists2546 at aaronkaplan.info> wrote:
> I've gotten no help for this problem so far.  Now it's not just check
> but also record that is using up all of the available virtual memory,
> bringing my system to its knees every time I try it.  I've had to back
> off to darcs 1.0.4, which doesn't have the problem.

I'm not sure if it is related or not...but I found that some versions
of darcs are very poor at reading in recorded patch data.

http://codersbase.com/index.php/Darcs_performance

Since you are talking about recording you could be having a similar
problem.  Do you have any large files in the directory?  Even ones
which are not under the controll of darcs can be a problem for some
operations such as whatsnew.

Thanks,
Jason