[darcs-users] Red Hat Linux 7.2 (Enigma)

Scott Michel scottm at rush.aero.org
Mon Mar 13 17:43:15 UTC 2006

Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>>I am also renting a basic server in a farm running Red Hat Linux 7.2
>>(Enigma), I have root access, SSH etc.
>

> Just grab a statically linked Darcs binary, and dump it in /usr/local/bin.
> You do not need any files other than the binary.

If you can't install the binaries in /usr/local/bin (since you're
renting space in a server farm and /usr/local/bin may be read-only), you
can also likely install them off your home directory (~/bin, perhaps)
and add that directory to your path. YMMV, of course, since there may be
compiled dependencies that rely on being installed in /usr/local. But
it's worth the experiment to see if it works.