[darcs-users] new to darcs

Tobias Gruetzmacher tobias at portfolio16.de
Mon Mar 20 00:59:53 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 03:32:10AM +0100, Eric Kow wrote:
> > Frankly, after some analyze, I prefer no keyword instead a fake that always
> > lie (aka showing always same value because new patches are older than my last
> > one).
>
> I'm not so sure.  It's nice to have at a glance.   For example, for my
> webpage, I like knowing when was the last time I modified something,
> and it doesn't really matter to me that it's completely accurate.  I'd
> like to think of it not so much as a lie, but as an approximation :-)

So generate the information from the repository. See for example the
system I use to build my web site (http://portfolio16.de). I just
define the last changed data of a page as the time of the record of the
last patch that touched the page. (see
http://darcs.portfolio16.de/webprocess for the - rather boring - source
code).

Since someone else might have another notion of a "last change" I find
it okay to not have a specific policy hardcoded into the SCM.

Greetings Tobi

--
GPG-Key 0xE2BEA341 - signed/encrypted mail preferred
My, oh so small, homepage: http://portfolio16.de/