[darcs-users] Re: file permissions

Mark Greenbank mark.greenbank at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 18:13:24 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Here's specifically what I've done (just a small reproducible test case):

1) Create a parent repo:
mkdir parent
cd parent; darcs init
2) add a simple file
touch file.txt
darcs add file.txt
darcs record

ls -l file.txt
-rw-rw-r--  1 mark mark 0 Mar 20 13:06 file.txt

3) change the permissions on file.txt
chmod a+x file.txt
ls -l file.txt
-rwxrwxr-x  1 mark mark 0 Mar 20 13:06 file.txt

4) create a child repo:
cd ..
darcs get parent child
cd child
ls -l file.txt
-rw-rw-r--  1 mark mark 0 Mar 20 13:06 file.txt

In essence, the changes are not proporaged to the clones (as per the
documentation). However, my question is -- how does one change the
permissions of files already under control of darcs?

Thanks,
Mark