[darcs-users] complaint: darcsweb uses a bunch of funny words

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Fri Mar 24 12:15:12 UTC 2006

Since (as recently posted), my installation of darcs.cgi is broken, and since
(as per their trac) the trac-darcs plugin isn't working yet, and since someone
on IRC mentioned that they like darcsweb, I decided I would give it another
try.

However, this time ended the same as last time: I looked at at darcsweb
installation over the web and gave up on it -- too ugly, too confusing.  Here
are my complaints as posted to IRC.

<zooko> Well, maybe I should try installing darcsweb since darcs.cgi is broken on my system.
<zooko> Grr.  darcsweb bothers me because it uses different terminology.
<zooko> I don't want to set up some infrastructure for my team, who I just now finished (almost) converting them to darcs,
<zooko> and then say "Okay, whenever the web site says 'shortlog', that means 'patch name', and whenever it says 'tree', that means 'version'..."
<zooko> I suppose I could change those names.  :-)
<zooko> And why does it have "unified" and "plain", both of which emit unified diffs?
<zooko> Oh.  "plain" means not colored.
<zooko> And what the hell is "commitdiff".  Grr.
<zooko> Forget it.