[darcs-users] Re: Darcs check grows out of control

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 18:53:18 UTC 2006

> > [I think that] you could benefit from automated patch tracking.
>
> Nobody ever claimed the contrary.  I would be very grateful if
> somebody conceived a usable patch tracking system.
>
> The current system is that patches end up in a specific mailbox, where
> they are marked ``pending'' when I first notice them.  I delete a
> patch from the mailbox when it either gets pushed or rejected.
>
> The main advantage of this system over existing patch trackers is that
> I do not need to use a web browser.

Juliusz,

Have you tried the patchtracker I put up at
http://butter.homeunix.net/darcs-patches/
yet?   From what you just said, I take it you wouldn't see it as a
replacement for
your current system which doesn't need a web browser.  But do you find
any use in
it?  As I said in a previous email, as long as some people find it
useful I'm willing
to leave it up, but if it helps you, all the better.

If I do decide to keep it up, it'll need some tweaking.  But it is
written in Perl and I'm
going to avoid fixing it up for as long as possible.  Sometimes, if I
look at Perl directly,
I throw up on my shoes.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at gmail.com>