[darcs-users] Re: Darcs check grows out of control

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at divineinvasion.net
Sat Mar 25 22:14:50 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 10:46:11PM +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > Have you tried the patchtracker I put up at
> > http://butter.homeunix.net/darcs-patches/
> > yet?
>
> Yes, I've looked at it.
>
> I think something like that would actually be helpful, assuming that
> it were completely automated.  That means that it would automagically
> notice that I've rejected a patch or that I've committed it.
>
> I'm thinking of running one script in a prehook when pushing, and
> another one from my mailer when rejecting a patch.  Do you think that
> could be workable?

Yes, I could whip something up that would allow that.  Let me ponder the
sexiest way to do it.

At some point, depending on how much use this gets, I may re-create it
to make it easier to support the features we want.  I'm a bit fan of
reusing code, but this code isn't maintained and certainly has a hackish
feel.  Which is fine, but it makes it more difficult to modify.  We'll
see.  The besy way to motivate me to do this is for people to show me
its worth it by using the current setup.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at divineinvasion.net>
GPG: gpg --recv-key 0xC9F82052 | http://divineinvasion.net/kapheine.asc