[darcs-users] darcs 1.0.7rc1

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Mon May 8 10:17:00 UTC 2006

I'm having a hard time getting time for darcs right now, and I'm
sorry for that. I'd hate to delay the new release, so here are
somewhat sketchy release notes for 1.0.7rc1. I'll finish the
changelog entries and write a proper release note during the
week and make 1.0.7 happen in the week end, unless someone finds
a troublesome bug or building problem. The tag will hopefully be
uploading to darcs.net now.

NEW FEATURES

* The Send command can save, reuse and delete the accompanying
  description in a logfile. (Zachary P. Landau)

* The --repodir flag works with more commands. (Eric Kow)

* Pull and Push with ssh can use the multiplex feature if
  supported by ssh. (Eric Kow)

 * New option --diff-command overrides the default value of "diff".
   (Eric Cow)

* The --interactive mode of Changes has changed slightly to behave
  more like the other dialogues. (Zachary P. Landau)

* The --external-merger option performs more advanced argument
  substitution so it is easier to use with Windows. (Daan Leijen)

BUGFIXES

* Non-empty subdirs don't cause troubles or false warnings on
  rmdir patches. (Eric Kow)

* Don't print message about posthooks exit status. (Jason Dagit)

* Fix crash when using changes --interactive with --patch or
  --match. (Zachary P. Landau)

MISC

* Absolute paths should work better. (Eric Kow)

* New short options: -f (--force) and -i (--interactive).

* Darcs internal directory for the cach of all managed files, the
  pristine tree, is renamed to 'pristine'. Older versions of darcs
  will look for this directory since many version ago, but from
  this version of darcs new repos will be created with the
  directory named 'pristine'. (Juliusz Chroboczek)

* The GUI has been shaken alive by Eric Kow, but it is still not
  "fully operating" and probably not fit for common use.