[darcs-users] setCurrentDirectory error when using darcsweb

Michal Sojka sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz
Thu May 11 14:49:53 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I have a strange problem with darcs, when it is run by darcsweb. On our server
(Gentoo Linux) , we have several darcs repositories, which can be browsed by
darcsweb (under apache server). Sometimes, when I want to see the content of
a patch, darcs produces the following error message:

darcs: /tmp//old-rtems-devel-3: setCurrentDirectory: permission denied
(Permission denied)

This happens when darcsweb is running the command:

DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_8BIT=1 darcs diff -u --match "hash
20060418234641-ff715-0393703131d7e25e446dd3bb88e392cbeb59882b.gz"

The really strange thing is that if I press refresh in the web browser,
sometimes I get this message and sometimes I get correct results (diff)
displayed. Moreover, in the /tmp directory, there are forgotten directories
named old-<reponame>-<number> with permissions drw-rw-rw- (no x there).

The problem disappears for some time (week or so) when I restart apache.

I'm using darcs version 1.0.6, compiled by ghc 6.4.1. The problem was present
in previous versions of darcs as well.

Does anybody know what is the reason of this problem?

--
Michal Sojka, PhD student
Department of Control Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering