[darcs-users] Darcs rocks!

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon May 22 21:04:56 UTC 2006

I unsubscribed from darcs-user several months ago due to lack of time, but
in this time I surely kept using it for my pet projects :)

One thing that I accepted was that it was too slow for a bigger project I
work in, the koffice source tree. Just an add -r and record took hours.

I tried again with the recent 1.0.7 and I was really surprised about the
huge speed gain (took  < 5min) Its really gotten better in not too long a
time period :)

I did a mirror of last months commits into a darcs repo (374 patches,
116MB in 10676 files).
Doing records still returns in no time, and while annotates remain memory
eaters most stuff people need just works :-)

Thanks guys!

ps. you might find this one interresting:
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2024
--
Thomas Zander