[darcs-users] Adding lots of tags after the fact

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Sat Nov 4 14:28:21 UTC 2006

I'm a newbie to darcs, so this may be a really stupid question.  In
that case, please forgive me. (I couldn't an answer easily on the
mailing list or the web pages.)

I imported a large CVS repository into darcs with tailor.  (cvs2darcs
took several days and produced a corrupt darcs repo, btw.)  This
worked fine, but tailor, for some reason, didn't transfer any of the
tags.  The tags are readily apparent in the log messages though, so I
could, in principle, easily script putting the tags in.  The only way
I've found to do that is do "darcs get" to each of the patches marking
a tag, do "darcs tag" and then push the tag back.

Is there a way to do this directly or incrementally?

--
Cheers =8-} Mike