[darcs-users] darcs push over SSH at virtual hosting

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 11:39:09 UTC 2006

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 11:16:04 +0200, Alexander Pugachev wrote:
> I read man 1 ssh and figured out that when using non-interactive SSH
> mode file all that .bashrc and other .profile files are not executed.

Really? This was how I used to understand things, but then some other
people had different experiences and I changed my mind.  Perhaps these
people just had non-default sshd configurations as you suggest?

> To make clear what I have in $PATH when using darcs push over SSH I said
>
> ssh user at server "echo $PATH"

Note that this just prints out the local path.  To get the path on the
other end, you want
 ssh user at server 'echo $PATH'

The single quotes don't let your shell interpret the variables inside.

> How can I point what darcs binary to use on remote side when I do push over
> SSH?

I guess this would mean the proposed --remotedarcs really is useful
after all: http://bugs.darcs.net/issue223

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.