[darcs-users] darcs & git

stephen at xemacs.org stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Nov 15 03:13:15 UTC 2006

David Roundy writes:

 > Alas, it just takes a lot of volunteers to get a project like this to work.
 > I'm giving a colloquiem in the CS department next week on darcs, and maybe
 > I'll interest some undergrad who might have time for some hacking on
 > darcs--but even then, I've not even got much time for walking someone
 > through darcs' internals.

An Internals Manual would *really* help for a lot of people in my
experience.  It doesn't have to be complete, coherent, or accurate.
Also from experience.  :-)

This is especially important when a lot of the development takes place
in a less than familiar language such as Haskell.  If somebody could
spend a couple hours writing up a walk-through for (a) a couple of the
patch theory operations' Haskell implementations and (b) the darcs
record I/O, I think there are a lot of smart people who would be able
to extend that to do minor hacks even without really understanding
Haskell.

Maybe there would be an undergrad who would be willing to get some
extra credit for writing up such a thing?