[darcs-users] bug with exotic file names?

Matthias Fischmann fis at wiwi.hu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 20 16:31:57 UTC 2006

hullo,

I have made some further inquiries:

 - Upgrading to 1.0.9rc2 (release candidate 2) has no effect.

 - 'darcs get' into a fresh clone of the repo or 'darcs repair' have
   no effect (both go through without complaints, ie repair does
   nothing).  The clone repo comes with the file that I managed to
   insert earlier.

 - 'darcs remove' produces this error message:

     $ darcs failed:  Can't remove fig_I01:crypto:security:hierarchy_of_attacks.png

I am very fond of darcs, but I think error handling is one of the
weakest points of this system.  There could be a lot more internal
error message passing in the code, but of course now it would take up
a considerable amount of time to add that.

I have thumbed through the code a little and think the problem is in
SlurpDirectory.  But it would take me too long now to take it all in,
so I decided to post this update.

Does anybody have an idea how to proceed?  I am little desparate,
since I am on a tight schedule on this project and the repo seems to
be in an inconsistent state right now.

thanks,
matthias