[darcs-users] bug with exotic file names?

Jamie Webb j at jmawebb.cjb.net
Tue Nov 21 02:03:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 01:06:26AM +0100, Matthias Fischmann wrote:
> i'm afraid now i'm fresh out of ideas.  is there any obvious way of
> recovering the sound part of the repo into a fresh one?  has somebody
> written anything that pulls out every old recorded state, copies all
> the file by hand into a freshly created repo, and records them there?
> then i could rename the file and re-insert it, and only loose that
> part of the history.  i really would like to keep the patches on those
> files that still work.

Have you tried using strace to see exactly what's failing? For
example, if it's mangling the filename somehow before trying to access
it, you might be able to proceed by renaming the file to match.

Unhelpful at this point I know, but yeah, colons are a bad idea; lots
of things treat them specially.

-- Jamie Webb