FW: [darcs-users] Re: several variants and developers at the sametime

Nimrod A. Abing nimrod.abing at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 02:07:32 UTC 2006

On 11/22/06, Ben Hood <Ben.Hood at voca.com> wrote:
> >Only the ones reported by --ask-deps I think. If by functional
> >dependency you mean patches that are required by other patches
> >to function properly, then I don't think darcs is able to figure that
> >out(?)
>
> Okay, that makes sense. Using --ask-deps is telling darcs about a
> dependency whereas pure functional dependencies depend on code,
> programming language and what you mean by break anyway (whether the
> unmet dependency produces a compile or runtime error). I think it would
> take some Jedi coding for a source code system to figure out the
> semantic validity of the actual code it is managing. I guess you could
> achieve something similar by executing a pre-commit hook to a make
> command that could verify compilation and functional testing (maybe this
> already exists).

Try:

darcs setpref test "make test"

Or set "make test" whatever command you want to execute before a
record is performed. If the command returns non-zero (indicates an
error in most cases), the record will not be performed.

See also:

http://www.darcs.net/manual/node7.html#SECTION00782000000000000000
--
_nimrod_a_abing_