[darcs-users] Re: 'darcs check' fails with 'Unapplicable patch'

spaecious at gmail.com spaecious at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 07:03:58 UTC 2006

I found a page on the wiki that had my exact error message:
http://darcs.net/DarcsWiki/DiagnosticMessages#head-675d5072cf2d7471426595139b5fae48f559effa

Unfortunately, the solution proposed there did not work for me. I did
the sed command for rebuilding the inventory, but it still contained
the offending patch, so I created a new repository, pulled patches one
at a time until just before the one that would not apply, but there
was nothing that I had unrecorded or amend-recorded previously that I
was aware of.

My work around to get back to something I could again record in was:

* create a new repository
* pull all patches before the broken one
* pull all patches after the broken one
* use unix diff -r and manually copy over the files from the old
repo's working dir that were different
 * record the changes so that the end result of the 2 repos is the
same (via different means) and use diff -r again to verify that I
didn't forget anything

Is there some other less kludgey way that I might have solved this
problem? I do still have the corrupt version of the repository, and
will try to fix it later if somebody has a better suggestion.

Thanks,

Calvin