[darcs-users] darcs-users moderation: opinions (and a moderator) sought

Marnix Klooster marnix.klooster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 17:19:53 UTC 2006

On 30-11-06 16:26, Jon Dowland wrote:

> On a related note, do any subscribers have strong feelings
> on the way the list is moderated? What do you think of the
> suggestion to close posting to all non-subscribers, and do
> away with moderation completely?

Hi Jon,

I for one had already forgotten this list is moderated, being a
subscriber and not a spammer.  So I guess you're doing a good job, from
my point of view.  :-)  Thanks for the effort!

No strong feelings here yet, but...  Do you have any statistics for us
about how many (non-spam) mail the list gets from non-subscribers vs.
subscribers?  Either as absolutes or as percentages?  I mean, if just 1
in 100 mails comes from a non-subscriber, then I don't see a problem in
only allowing subscribers to post...

Groetjes,
  <><
Marnix