[darcs-users] Re: darcs-users moderation: opinions (and a moderator) sought

Thomas Hühn huehn at usenet.arcornews.de
Thu Nov 30 20:07:21 UTC 2006

Ralph Dratman wrote:
> I don't see why a quite specialized mailing list such as this one should need to
> be open for posting by non-subscribers. We are not discussiong topics
> of immense interest to the general community. This is not slashdot or Daily Kos.

Because darcs-user is also for users asking questions, getting help, etc.

It is a nuisance to get yet another account somewhere or to subscribe
yet another mailing list if you just want to ask something.

Still, if you feel that spam is a problem and it can be solved by
closing the list, that's a good reason. But I would advise against doing
it just because subscribing is easy and free.

Thomas