[darcs-users] Unpushable patches

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at divineinvasion.net
Thu Oct 5 16:02:35 UTC 2006

> Eric, I'll probably implement the unpushable patches idea
> instead, in the indefinite future.  I'd like to know any ideas
> people have for the interface.
>
> I was thinking of having another option 'i' when recording
> which makes the patch ignored.  Also record will take a
> --ignore option which makes the patch ignored.  Finally
> amend-record would prompt asking if the patch would like
> to be made ignored or unignored.
>
> Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

There is an entry on the old issue tracker for this feature:
http://otherbugs.darcs.net//Ticket/Display.html?id=37.  Somewhere there
is more information, but I can't for the life of me find it.  I had
attached an original patch for basic ignore support somewhere, I think
on the new bugtracker.  My implementation had major issues, but I there
may have been extra information there that would be helpful.

Oh well, David's email in that ticket should be helpful, at least.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at divineinvasion.net>
GPG: gpg --recv-key 0xC9F82052 | http://divineinvasion.net/kapheine.asc