[darcs-users] Newbie question

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Oct 24 19:08:29 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 01:32:29PM -0400, Nathan Gray wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 03:19:15PM -0400, Ralph Dratman wrote:
> > (Another possibility occurs to me: If I decline to record a change, I
> > guess I could manually revert that change in my sources. Is that the
> > recommended procedure?)
>
> I do that sometimes to remove debugging lines, or "fixes" that did not
> work.

Yeah, but it's usually easier to use darcs revert to revert changes in your
source tree later.  It's roughly equivalent to manually editing the files,
but saves a record of the change so you can unrevert if you change your
mind (but keep in mind, it doesn't keep a history of reverts, so you don't
want to rely on this long, or you'll forget and revert something else).

David (relishing having the lists working again)