[darcs-users] working around encoding problem

Wolfgang Jeltsch jeltsch at Informatik.TU-Cottbus.DE
Thu Oct 26 15:16:21 UTC 2006

Hello,

to my knowledge, patch names and long comments are still byte streams to
darcs.  So if one user uses Latin-1 and another UTF-8, characters outside the
ASCII range are stored in different encodings, depending on who created the
respective patch.  Is there a workaround for this?

I already thought about setting up a Subversion-to-darcs proxy where users can
commit to a Subversion repository and every patch is automatically converted
to a darcs patch using a unique encoding for patch names and long comments,
and then applied to a specific darcs repository.  Could this be realized with
Taylor?  How?  Is there a simpler approach?

Please send a CC to me when answering since at the moment I'm unable to
subscribe to the list.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang