[darcs-users] darcsweb 0.16

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Mon Oct 30 02:44:57 UTC 2006

On 10/29/06, Pietro Abate <Pietro.Abate at anu.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've a suggestion (I'm posting here since there is no mailing list for
> darcsweb (?))
>
> Will it be worth add a "darcs dist" to generate on the fly a tar.gz,
> for example every time the source is tagged (and maybe of the last
> commit with current`date`.tar.gz) ?
>
> At the moment I generate nightly snapshots with a cron job. I think this
> could be nicely integrated with darcsweb ... And it can be particularly
> useful when darcs is used in conjunction of packaging systems like dpkg
> for debian that requires a .orig.tar.gz so the poeple packaging the
> software are not forced of using darcs to get the latest version of the
> sw.
>
> Is this kind of feature too expensive to be added ?

You could set a posthook in apply and record that runs 'darcs dist'
then renames the file to `date`.tar.gz.  Check the darcs manual for
details and send another email if you get stuck or have questions
(it's pretty simple).  If you did it this way then you'd get that dist
tarball whenever the repository changes.

HTH,
Jason