[darcs-users] TortoiseDarcs misinterpreting file status

Grant Husbands darcsusers at grant.x43.net
Tue Oct 31 01:09:59 UTC 2006

Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> Today, TortoiseDarcs started to behave strangely.
[snip]
> I always get a grey icon and
> haven't a record entry etc. in the context menu.
>
> Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong here?

I believe I do. The version of TortoiseDarcs you are seeing is a little
outdated and does not support the _darcs/pristine folder; older versions
of darcs would instead create the _darcs/current folder. The latest
version will be released in November (with source, as always). It has
some nice new features, but has the disadvantage that it uses features
of Darcs that have not yet appeared in a stable release (these are used
mainly to greatly speed up some common patch-viewing operations).

If you would like a pre-next-release (but stable, to my knowledge)
version, email me directly. It may include a couple of
probably-useless-to-you features, but should otherwise get you past the
current hurdle.

Regards,
Grant Husbands.