[darcs-users] Self-contained darcs installation

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Sep 6 16:35:56 UTC 2006

> I recall some earlier messages about building a self-contained darcs
> installation.  I want to put a repository on a server on which I have
> ssh login access. The server does not have darcs installed, and my
> chances of persuading the admins to provide it are slim.

You only need to grab a darcs binary and put it in your path.

  mkdir ~/bin
  echo 'PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH' >> ~/.profile
  mv darcs ~/bin
  chmod +x ~/bin/darcs

Yes, it's really that simple.  You'll find pointers to a bunch of
precompiled Darcs binaries on the wiki.

> I'm also interested the atomicity of such updates with respect to any
> gets or pulls which may be in progress at the same time.

As David mentioned, there should be no problem.

                                        Juliusz