[darcs-users] Performance of whatsnew -l

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at m4x.org
Fri Sep 8 07:34:41 UTC 2006

I use darcs to manage configuration files in my home directory ... there
are of course a lot of unwanted files, and I can't really include them in
my boringfile. Since I know whatsnew -l is *very* slow in this case, I
tried to run it only for small subdirectories. For instance:

	cd $HOME/.vim
	darcs w -l .

To my surprise, it looks like the whole file tree is searched instead of
searching for new files only in .vim. Moreover, the memory use is insane
(more than 250M).
--
Sylvain Joyeux