[darcs-users] Performance of whatsnew -l

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Fri Sep 8 17:18:42 UTC 2006

On 9/8/06, Juliusz Chroboczek <Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> >       cd $HOME/.vim
> >       darcs w -l .
>
> > To my surprise, it looks like the whole file tree is searched instead of
> > searching for new files only in .vim. Moreover, the memory use is insane
> > (more than 250M).
>
> Yes, it's a known bug.  We've already fixed it in the case of diff,
> but not in the case of whatsnew.

I solved part of this problem a long time ago but the patch was lost
on the mail list (fix for issue 79).  I've had it in my personal darcs
branch since then.  I just re-recorded it against current unstable so
it should apply cleanly.  I'll resend it in about 10 minutes (I forgot
to say --no-test when re-recording it).  I haven't had any problems
using it and it passes the test suite.

Jason