[darcs-users] [hoan at ton-that.org: [darcs-devel] New ignore and unignore commands]

Pietro Abate Pietro.Abate at anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 13 23:47:07 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 10:48:15PM +0200, Eric Y. Kow wrote:
> Hoan Ton-That has submitted a patch that adds a darcs ignore mechanism.
> The basic idea is that ignored files are skipped when you do a darcs
> record, even if it's something that darcs is supposed to be keeping
> track of.

what's about --include --exclude syntax as in find or rsync ?

I was looking for a similar feature the other day in relation to
whatsnew and record. In particular I've a third party library directory
in my repository that I use only if it is not already present on the
system as a package. This library is in the repo and named
"lib-not-use". When I'm using it (for example to compile my project on a
different platform) I've to change its name to "lib-used". I need to do
this because of an other constraint I have.  It's very annoying to have
the entire library showing in whatsnew or record when I try to record
changes done while the library is in my working directory as "lib-used".
It would be very convenient to just work with:

darcs w --exclude="lib-used"

I'm not sure use if I can do this with boring files.

:)

++ Blog: http://blog.rsise.anu.edu.au/?q=pietro
++
++ "All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
++ Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.