[darcs-users] not erasing changes?

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 20:51:33 UTC 2007

On 4/1/07, Albert Reiner <areiner at tph.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> I am not entirely sure I understand what you are doing.  You are
> working on repo foo, and then did `cp -r foo bar'?  You might have
> used `darcs get foo bar' just as well for that.
>
> Then you work in foo and want to have some of the changes in bar, and
> want them to be recorded, too?  In that case, you can just record the
> patches in foo and push to, or pull into, bar.

Ok my repo is foo (this was created and is updated from a public repo
someone else maintains) so i did "cp -r foo bar' and then I work in
bar. That way if I screwed up something very bad and don't know what
code I had deleted that is causing the error I can just look at my
reference "foo" dir and do a diff to see what I had deleted. Then if I
make a patch I will do it in bar but manually 'darcs record' it in
foo. I then have a public repo which I maintain in a remote ssh
account. So I guess I am wondering if there is a better method I can
use for my local machine development ("foo" and "bar") and updating my
public repo "baz" with "foo". :)

Zach