[darcs-users] Huge mess moving to mac

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Sun Apr 15 12:38:25 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just started working on a new MacBook. When
trying to move my work over, I ran into big, big,
trouble, in the form of issue196 and friends.

I have a large number of Haskell programs for
which SomeModule is in

SomeModule.hs

and the corresponding Main module is in

someModule.hs

in the same directory. There are many, many
darcs patches that do all kinds of things to these
files - edits, renames, removes, etc. Who knows,
maybe even renaming between the upper case
and lower case versions (I hope not).

Kaboom!!

Solution #1: Anyone in the market for an almost
new MacBook?

Any suggestions for a better solution using darcs
hackery?

Note: In issue404 EricKow suggested:
"...you should be able to just cp -R the repository..."
At least in my case, that obviously doesn't
work. In particular, "darcs check" makes very
impolite noises that I would rather not describe here.

Thanks,
Yitz