No subject

Fri Aug 24 18:29:08 UTC 2007

problem.  We could avoid it if we base64-encoded the patch, but then it
would be more of a pain to read.  :( And currently there's no code for
darcs itself to decode a base64-encoded patch.

Do you have any suggestion how the error messages could be improved to make
it easier to guess what happened? Perhaps I should add to the "Patch bundle
failed patch!" error message a note that this is most likely because a
mailer has been creative with the line endings.

It's possible that when I fix the currently malformed MIME attaching code
(it used to work) that mailers will be less likely to mess with the line
endings.  Or maybe not.

> 2. When I used darcs send --output=/tmp/foo, I got the unfriendly message
>
> Fail: takeLock: unsupported operation (Invalid cross-device link)
>
> (my /home and /tmp are on different hard drives). It kinda sucks that
> I can't use /tmp for --output, but at least it would be better if the
> error was caught and a nicer error message was printed... :)

It looks like this is already fixed in the latest darcs (and indeed in
darcs 0.9.23).  I'm not sure what the problem was (although I was able to
reproduce it), but I know that Juliusz fixed some locking bugs, so
presumably this is one of them.  I know there was a fix (which I didn't
really understand) which fixed some sort of a problem when the _darcs
directory was on a different file system from the working directory, so
perhaps that was what fixed this.
http://www.abridgegame.org