[darcs-users] No patches selected

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Sat Aug 18 11:11:17 UTC 2007

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 11:03:36AM +0200, Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:15:20 +0200, "Tommy Pettersson"
> <ptp at lysator.liu.se> said:
> > If you say 'darcs unpull --from-tag <bar> -p <name>' darcs will
> > instead look at all patches between <bar> and the end of the
> > inventory. Or perhaps simpler 'darcs unpull --from-patch <name>
> > -p <name>'.
>
> Thanks, that did it.  I agree that a more informative message would be
> preferable.  Also it seems a little silly to have to provide the same
> patch name twice--couldn't there just be a --force option?

It looks a little silly when it's just one patch. But the
--patch option to Unpull matches all patches in the (implicit or
explicit) range, wheres the --from-patch option cuts the range
at the latest match in the inventory. For example

  darcs unpull -p debug --from-patch debug

will unpull all patches with 'debug' in their name after
(inclusive) the latest patch with 'debug' in its name (i.e. only
the latest debug patch). With other uses of --from-patch,
--from-tag or --from-match (and their --to variants), a more
interesting selection of the inventory to remove debug patches
from can be chosen.