[darcs-users] Problem building darcs 2 on WinXP

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Sat Dec 15 17:10:17 UTC 2007

> I've installed MinGW, MSYS (with msysDTK, autoconf and automake), GHC,
> zlib, libcurl and OpenSSL. I can run ./configure --target=mingw and
> compile the source, but I get this linking error:
>
> Linking darcs ...
> src/win32/System/Posix.o(.text+0x550):fake: undefined reference to `SleepEx'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [darcs] Error 1

it might be a case of adding -fvia-C (used to be the default
until recently). if that is true, you might want to file a ticket
for ghc (change in default route gives failures and unhelpful
error messages).

also, as a naive ffi user, i'd have expected

    foreign import ccall "winbase.h SleepEx" c_SleepEx :: DWORD -> BOOL -> IO DWORD

to match the

    WINBASEAPI DWORD WINAPI SleepEx(DWORD,BOOL);

in winbase.h, rather than the current

    foreign import ccall "winbase.h SleepEx" c_SleepEx :: CULong -> CUInt -> IO CInt

but i don't know whether that is any issue at all.

claus