[darcs-users] Remove directory, pull a patch that re-creates it. Not working

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Mon Dec 17 19:50:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

"Asfand Yar Qazi" <ayqazi at gmail.com> writes:
> Oh well, there goes our plans for sharing code between two
> similar-but-not-sharing-patch-hierarchy code bases then.
One thing that can be done is creating a dir eg. _attic, in the
repository, and instead of removing files and directories, move them
under _attic. This way, the patches commute well, so you can pull
changes to a directory which has been removed and have it handled
correctly. Moreover, shouldn't be hard to resurrect any "dead" files.

Yours,
   Peter.