[darcs-users] darcs repair won't repair

Julien Pommier julien.pommier at insa-toulouse.fr
Wed Feb 7 17:59:26 UTC 2007

Hi Juliusz,

Quoting Juliusz Chroboczek <Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr>:

> So two patches can have the same name as long as they have a different
> date.  Two patches can have the same date and the same name as long as
> they have a different author.
>
> Two distinct patches must never have identical date, name, author and
> log message.

Ok, so I understand how I messed up :) I wanted to reindent correctly my sources
 mainly to replace all tabs with spaces. So I did that with a small script which
recorded one patch per file, using the same dumb description for all patches.
Since the script was fast, I guess almost some patches have the same timestamp

> > - How can I get out of this situation ?
>
> I think the simplest solution is to unpull all patches until one of
> the two that conflict, then record again by hand.  If that is not
> acceptable to you, we'll need to perform some surgery on the
> repository by hand.

I think I prefer trying the hard way :) (except if unpulling and then
rerecording is easy, but I am not sure of how to proceed). I have stacked many
patches above the conflicting ones. What should I do ? identify the files in
the _darcs/patches and edit their timestamp ?

Thanks for your help,
--
Julien