[darcs-users] darcs repair won't repair

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Feb 7 18:29:09 UTC 2007

> I think I prefer trying the hard way :) (except if unpulling and then
> rerecording is easy, but I am not sure of how to proceed). I have stacked many
> patches above the conflicting ones. What should I do ? identify the files in
> the _darcs/patches and edit their timestamp ?

I don't recomment it.  But if you really want to...

You will need to:

  - change the timestamp in the patch files;
  - recompute the pi hash, and rename the patch files accordingly;
  - modify _darcs/inventory consistently.

Code for computing the pi hash (the patch file's filename) can be
found in the funciton make_filename in PatchInfo.lhs.

                                        Juliusz