[darcs-users] Strange Timezone Behaviour on Windows XP

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 21:06:57 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 07:21:08 +0100, Walser, Guenter (wanagu) wrote:
> The timezone isn't shown in abbreviated timezone codes but fully written out
> - this has two disadvantages:

I too have noticed this.  It abbreviates it on other operating systems, but not
Windows.  I'm not sure what you can do about it though.  If I understand
correctly, it's really just the Haskell time library which outputs them using
the tzname function from time.h.

Maybe you can work something out from this block of library code.
It's from http://darcs.haskell.org/ghc-6.6/packages/base/System/Time.hsc

#  if cygwin32_HOST_OS
#   define tzname _tzname
#  endif
#  ifndef mingw32_HOST_OS
foreign import ccall unsafe "time.h &tzname" tzname :: Ptr (Ptr CChar)
#  else
foreign import ccall unsafe "__hscore_timezone" timezone :: Ptr CLong
foreign import ccall unsafe "__hscore_tzname"   tzname :: Ptr (Ptr CChar)
#  endif

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.