[darcs-users] The infamous 'Unapplicable patch'

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 08:34:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 21:07:25 -0800, Bill Trost wrote:
> If I had to guess, I'd say this might have been the result of a
> record-push-amend sequence, or something like that, although I'm not
> clear on how it could have gotten so messed up. I also used rsync
> between the directories on occassion -- could that have mangled things,
> by sneaking the amended patch back into a repository?

Corruption often comes from the pristine cache (_darcs/pristine or
_darcs/current) being modified by something other than darcs.
See http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/unison for details.

> In any event, I sure wish darcs would make it easier to find and correct
> these sorts of problems.

It would be nice if there was some kind of darcs first-aid kit as an
external tool, maybe.  It would be worthwhile project if anyone's
looking for something to do.

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.