[darcs-users] darcs check

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 21:25:07 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 14:48:51 -0800, trb at categorical.net wrote:
> If a repository passes 'darcs check', does that mean there is nothing wrong with
> it ? By "wrong" I mean anything that could cause inconsistency.

Unless I am mistaken, darcs check merely attempts to apply all patches
from scratch.  If nothing goes wrong, it is happy.

> To put this another way: if darcs shows inconsistent behaviour on a repo, and
> that repo passes 'darcs check', does this mean the problem lies in darcs itself
> (rather than the repo) ? Would this be true even if the repo had been manually
> tinkered with (prior to passing 'darcs check') in an unwholesome way ?

That does smell like a bug... but I suppose it depends on what you mean
by inconsistent.

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.