[darcs-users] darcs check

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Sat Jan 13 21:59:55 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 11:51:58AM -0800, trb at categorical.net wrote:
> Eric Y. Kow writes:
>  > On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 14:48:51 -0800, trb at categorical.net wrote:
>  > > If a repository passes 'darcs check', does that mean there is nothing wrong with
>  > > it ? By "wrong" I mean anything that could cause inconsistency.
>  >
>  > Unless I am mistaken, darcs check merely attempts to apply all patches
>  > from scratch.  If nothing goes wrong, it is happy.
>
> It seems that way. The question is whether that is enough to guarantee that the
> repo will not cause inconsistent behaviour.

Just dropping in to point out (the maybe obvious) that --partial
is default for 'darcs check'. Unless the --complete flag is
specified, 'darcs check' only checks patches after the latest
checkpoint.

Hm, perhaps darcs should also default to automatically do a
check before a new checkpoint is created?